The Liebster Award
Hey guys! I hope everyone is still doing okay. I got nominated for the Liebster Award by Sweaters & Raindrops and she has asked me some tough questions. So let’s dive into them!
The Liebster Award questions answered
1. Thank the Blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you.
3. Nominate 11 other Bloggers.
4. Ask your nominees 11 questions.
Oof, I’m a big fan of desserts, so it’s hard to pick just one. I love (almost) anything chocolate, so my go to in restaurants is usually the chocolate cake, mousse or brownie.
What’s your love language?
I actually just recently did a test to find this out! But…. I already forgot. I think it was a tie between acts of service and quality time.
What’s your comfort read?
Pretty much anything fluffy and romantic. That’s almost all the books that I read so I guess all my reads are comfort reads!
If you could learn one language, what would it be?
Hmm, I’m lucky enough to already be (pretty) fluent in two languages, but I would love to learn either Spanish or Italian. I tried a few times with Duolingo, but I just didn’t have enough discipline to follow through with it.
Thoughts on the impact of social media?
Not too long ago, I watched The Social Dilemma on Netflix – which I very much recommend! – and it freaked me out a big. I think social media can be a positive in one’s life, like for me it’s fun to keep in touch with my friends in America that I made when I did my exchange year. But whenever there are great upsides, there are usually also great downsides. And the fact that social media is basically made to make you addictive to them, I’m not that big of a fan. I think the companies have too much power, but then again, we can always choose not to use it.
As you can probably tell, I’m really not sure what I personally feel exactly. I still use Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, so that probably says enough. Speaking about social media…
Do you like to dance?
No. I honestly can’t dance very well, so I don’t like to do that with people around. But I never really dance when I’m home alone either.
Go-to karaoke song?
I have never done karaoke! If I would go sometime, I would probably do a Backstreet Boys song, those are the one I can scream at the top of my lungs whenever it comes on in a café, or in the car.
Most favorite and least favorite tropes?
Oooh, this is a good question! I think I’m going to start with my least favorite, because that one is a little easier. I don’t like anything with werewolves and vampires. I’m actually not a big fan of anything fantasy/dystopian/sci-fi, but vampires and werewolves are the worst. The rest I will try 🙂
My favourite is… Hmm I want to say anything romance, but I guess it’s not anything. I mostly love slow-burn, enemies-to-lovers and unknown/online identity things. I also love small town settings or beach town settings, but I guess that’s not neccessarily a trope.
What’s your favourite thing to do alone?
Can I say reading? Or is that cheating? If I can’t say reading, I would probably say driving? I love to sing along to the radio and just cruise around, which is funny, since I don’t own a car.
What are your bad habits?
I bite my nails. After I close the Instagram app, I immediately open it again a lot of the times. I bingewatch my favourite shows, even when I have other things to do. Do I need to go on? 😂
Tomes vs. short stories.
I’ll go for short stories. I don’t know what falls under short stories, but pretty much all of the books I read are under 350 pages, most of then even under 300 and a lot of people consider that short.
- Kristin @ Kristin Kraves Books
- Caro @ The Bookchesire Cat
- Norees @ No Reads Too Great
- Meghan @ Whimsically Meghan
- Kate @ Reading Through Infinity
- Lauren & Bec @ Northern Plunder
- Sabrina & Veronika @ Wordy & Whimsical
- Tracy @ Truffle’s Literary Wonders
- Briana & Krysta @ Pages Unbound
- Do you have a library card? Do you use it?
- Have you picked up new hobbies during quarantine?
- What’s your favorite month of the year?
- How do you organise your bookshelf?
- Which book reminds you of your childhood?
- Do you like boardgames? What’s your favourite boardgame?
- What is one talent you want to have? (i.e. singing, dancing etc.)
- What’s your best character trait?
- What is your favourite and your least favourite trope?
- Where would you like to travel to (when it’s safe again of course!)?
- What do you like most about reading?