My 14 New Year’s resolutions that may inspire you
First of all: Happy New Year! With a new year beginning, a lot of people are making resolutions. This year, I am one of them.
I spent NYE with friends at home, playing board games and eating… Oliebollen! Which according to Google is like deep-fried doughnuts. Not very healthy, just like the wine that was flowing. So now that the party is over, it’s time to think about the rest of the year.
I never made resolutions, because I knew I couldn’t hold to them. But this year I’m making a change. I figured sticking to your resolutions is easier once they’re personal and nothing too big. With that in mind, I came up with a list with only 10 resolutions… So the last 4 are resolutions everyone should have, each year, every day. But first my personal resolutions which will hopefully make my 2017 better, healthier and more fun:
- Drink more water. I bought this pretty water bottle a while ago so that I would drink more water, but it hasn’t really worked yet… It’s a difficult first resolution, but an important one!
- Have more body confidence. This time last year I would think it was impossible to have more confidence, but I must say that I have more confidence than ever. But I still have a long way to go so I started right away with going to the sauna with a friend today! Which brings me right to the next one:
- Hang out with friends more. I don’t see my friends as much as I want to and I know I’m partly to blame for that. I’m trying to change that this year.
- Read more books. Goodreads has this awesome thing called the reading challenge: how many books do you want to read this year? Last year I set my goal for 30 books. I succeeded that with 3. So this year, to make it a little harder, I’m going for 35 books.
- Stop biting my nails. I’m actually cheating a little on this one, since I’ve already stopped biting my nails about four weeks ago. But now that my nails are long and pretty, I’m hoping to keep this up for this year.
- Take the bike more often (instead of taking the car). I live in a country where we bike. A lot. There are 22,7 million bikes in the Netherlands, and ‘only’ around 17 million citizens. It’s no surprise, my country is flat and almost everything is close by. It’s also a healthy choice to take the bike to work or the train station, so that’s another goal to aim for.
- Blog more. I’m very proud of this blog, but I want to post more. It’s difficult, since sometimes the inspiration doesn’t hit me. So any suggestions are welcome!
- Take better care of myself. Number 1 and 6 combined, but I want to add to that, because taking care of your health is more. I also wish to eat better, rest/sleep enough and do more fulfilling things with my time.
- Travel more. Note: more means more than in 2016. I traveled twice in 2016, so I would like to go at least three times. Or one time, but then going all out like road tripping the US or going to Australia. *sigh* One can dream right?
- Go on more dates with bf. After almost 4 years, we’re getting lazy. So my goal for 2017 is to make it like the old times.
The resolutions for everyone, me included, are pretty obvious, but so important that I wanted to post them anyway:
- Be kind to each other. We live in a cruel world and every bit of kindness is helpful.
- Spend time with your family. They are the ones that will always be connected to you and love you no matter what.
- Be kind to yourself. Everyone is special in their own way, so try to accept that (I know, I’m still trying to learn this too).
- Don’t take life too seriously. Have a little fun now and then and always remember: tomorrow is another day and another chance.
Do you have any New Year’s resolutions? How do you plan on keeping yours?