Monthly wrap-up: January 2020
The first month of the new year is already over. How did that happen?! Usually, January feels like forever. In my case, it’s often the most depressing month of the year. But this time it just flew by!
So of course, now that it’s the end of the month, it’s time to do the monthly wrap-up again.
This month has been all about health for me. I promised myself that I would eat healthier (and failed…), to work out more regularly and to be more active overall. Unfortunately, the universe had other plans and I got some bad news, which has done not such great things for my mental health. But! I have a great support system and lots of books and series to distract me, so I will be just fine.
Let’s dive in my bookish life a little more to see what I’ve been reading and writing this month.
January in books
Books I read
This month, I’ve read three books and I’m in the middle of book #4 of 2020. I was really hoping I finished it already, but alas.
I’ve been reading all my eARCs from Netgalley. I still have two to go, and then I’m all up to date. It’s been really fun reading these books and writing the reviews. It feels different then books I bought somehow. But I’m still completely honest in all of my reviews!
Here’s what I read (click the cover to go to the Goodreads-page):
Books I hauled
Alright, so…. I’ve been buying a lot of e-books. Which isn’t bad, because they were cheap, but now I feel the pressure of reading them all as soon as possible.
You may know that I love lists. I made a giant list of my TBR-list and added all the prices to it. The past three weeks I’ve been updating that list and found out some books were priced waaay lower than they were before. And somewhere in my mind, when an e-book is below 2 euros, I know I can’t leave it and I HAVE to buy it.
So I bought six e-books in the last two weeks. Oops.
Don’t they all look good?! Let me know which book you think I should read first.
January in the blogosphere
This month has been a pretty good blogging month for me. Each week two posts came online; one book review and one ‘other’.
Here’s what went on on XIV (click on the image to go to the post):
Checking in on my goals
Remember those goals I made at the beginning of the month for the whole year? Here’s how I did:
- Read 45 books in 2020
- I read three in January and Goodreads says I’m on track!
- Read at least one non-fiction book a month
- I did this one! I read The Extremely Busy Woman’s Guide To Self Care (review coming on Monday!)
- Blog more! Try to do at least one post a week.
- I did two posts a week for the whole month of January and I’m proud!
- Try to venture out into other kind of blog posts.
- Did this too, with a goals post, a discussion post on how I pick my next read and a look back on 2019.
- More blog-hopping and leaving comments.
- I’m not sure if I do it more, but I did do it. I should do it more and find some new blogs to follow too.
- Write creatively, at least 2000 words a month
- Well, I wrote more than 2000 words a month for my blog, but I don’t think I can count that. If not, then it’s a big fail.
- Find something to fix that nagging feeling
- Another fail, but I am taking some steps to figure this out.
- Go to the gym at least two times a week
- I did this the first half of January, then I stopped? Picking it up again in February.
- Sign up for yoga/Pilates class.
- Nope. Fail.
Looking into February
Reading my last two eARCs and then start reading that big TBR-pile. I should also try to figure out some new post ideas. Tips are welcome!
How was your January? What did you read? Did you like it? Did you set goals and are you keeping up?