14 places in the Netherlands that make me happy
I’ve written a few travel blogs lately, so I thought it would be time to write about some of my favorite places to be in my own country.
People often tell me that I can get enthusiastic like a little kid when I´m in one of these places, so that shows how happy I am to be there. So without further ado, here are my 14 happy places (in the Netherlands).
The list of places:
- An aquarium. I love aquatic animals, so this, for me, is better than the zoo.
- Any zoo. Monkey, bears, lions; I like them all. Especially when I’m going with my niece.
- The beach. Whether it’s sunny or windy, a walk on the beach is always great.
- The dunes. We have lots of them to protect our country, and it’s really nice to walk through the dunes.
- The airport. Yes, I don’t even have to actually get on a plane. I just love the vibe.
- A musical. It doesn’t matter which one, most of the time.
- A forest. Another great place to hike!
- A pastry/cake shop. Because I have a giant sweet tooth.
- The movie theater.
- My spot on the couch. Where I’ll binge-watch my series.
- The hammock I’m borrowing. My boyfriend works full time, and I don’t. So I get to use it now.
- My bed. Obviously.
- All of the above with my boyfriend. Because boyfriends make everything better.
- Anywhere with my niece. She just makes everything more fun (and then I’m not the only one as happy as a kid).
What’s your happy place (in your home country)?