Hi there! Welcome to XIV, a blog about my life around a number. On here I write about my life, so you'll find various things that interest me. Mostly it is about traveling, family and books. Want to know more about me?
Here's a list of 14 things:
- I live in a small village of about 1000 people. I always think that where you come from will always be a part of what makes you, you.
- I'm the youngest of four. I have one brother and two sisters. They mean everything to me.
- I love traveling, but don't do it as much as I want to. Because, you know, responsibilities.
- I babysit my niece one day a week. And I spoil her rotten.
- My birthday is on April 14th, which is why 14 is a special number for me.
- I have a heart condition. When I explain it to people, the easiest way is: After all the surgeries I had, I now have a half heart. But I still live, that's the most important part, right?
- After I finished high school in the Netherlands, I went to the US for a year high school over there. Best. Experience. Of. My. Life.
- I've had a boyfriend for four years now, and he's really the technical genius behind this blog.
- I try to take every picture for my blog myself. So sorry if some are not that great. I'm still learning!
- I am a choco-holic. Chocolate sprinkles as breakfast, Nutella for lunch and chocolate snacks in between. It's a serious problem.
- I finished college two years ago. I just found a job in my field.
- I work in a children's hospital as a receptionist. It's a great job, but tough sometimes since all the patients are little kids.
- I absolutely love reading. YA, chick lit or romance mostly. I'll probably write some reviews at some point.
- I also love writing, which is why I have this blog. Some day, hopefully, I'll have a book published!