14 things to do while babysitting that aren’t tiring
Great artwork, right?! My three year old niece made this for me and it has been hanging above my bed ever since. While babysitting my niece always has me running around the house. And sometimes we make art together. Or a bird feeder. We always have fun together, but sometimes it can be quite tiring.
Now that she’s older, we can take more trips and do more stuff together that she actually experiences and enjoys. But what kind of stuff then? I am sometimes at a loss to find things to do that aren’t tiring me out. It can be tricky, especially with a young kid that has a lot of energy. So I searched the web, my brain and my surroundings for fun things to do, so that you don’t have to feel lost.
- Do some art work together
- Go to an amusement park (an age-appropriate one).
- Go to the playground.
- Have a selfie shoot, with snapchat filters for added fun.
- Take a walk in the woods.
- Catch up on your favorite show, when she’s asleep or just playing by herself.
- Catch up on some house work. We always do laundry together.
- Built a fort.
- Go apple-picking.
- Read from your favorite children’s book.
- Watch your favorite Disney-movie together.
- Do some role-playing game. My niece for instance always wants to be the mom and then I’m the baby.
- Play with your old toys, like dolls, Lego or Barbie’s (make sure you let her play with them too 😉 )
- Bake something together. But be forewarned, this takes A LOT of patience.
Of course there are a million other things you can do together, but I ensure you that these don’t take a lot of energy. And that, for me, is a big plus!
Do you have any fun suggestions to do with a young kid?